The Cavalry Group takes a hard line in protecting its members' Constitutional rights to private property against the onslaught of the animal rights agenda. In doing so, we often say privately to our members and publicly when speaking at agriculture and liberty events, "Never collaborate with those who seek your demise."
Tyson Foods failed that Creed with the announcement of their newly formed Animal Well-Being Advisory Panel. Shocked were we to learn that they invited Miyun Park, executive director of Global Animal Partnership to be a member of this board.
As a quick reminder, Wayne Pacelle is on the board of Global Animal Partnership. And let's not forget that Global Animal Partnership's agenda is the elimination of animal agriculture and furthering global governance through the implementation of Agenda 21.
Our friend at iloveag further describes Tyson's tragic announcement quite well in this excellent article:
Tyson Confirms Fears: Fox IS in Henhouse
In “Tyson Foods Announces A Win For Wayne Pacelle” and ”Dancing With The Devil” I warned about Tyson Foods’ futile attempt to placate animal rights activists.
Tyson finally announced the 13-person advisory panel that will develop standards for their Farm Check audit program.
Members of the panel include:
- Ryan Best, 2011-2012 president, Future Farmers of America
- Anne Burkholder, cattle feedlot owner
- Ed Cooney, executive director of the Congressional Hunger Center
- Gail Golab, Ph.D., DVM, director of American Veterinary Medical Association’s Animal Welfare Division
- Temple Grandin, Ph.D., professor of animal science, Colorado State University
- Karl Guggenmos, dean of culinary education, Johnson & Wales University
- Tim Loula, DVM, co-founder and co-owner of Swine Vet Center in St. Peter, Minnesota
- Miyun Park, executive director, Global Animal Partnership
- Ashley Peterson, Ph.D., vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs, National Chicken Council
- Richard Raymond, M.D., former U.S. Department of Agriculture Undersecretary for Food Safety
- Janeen Salak-Johnson, Ph.D., associate professor in Animal Sciences, University of Illinois
- Janice Swanson, Ph.D., chair and professor, Animal Behavior and Welfare, Michigan State University
- Bruce Webster, Ph.D., professor of poultry science, University of Georgia
The fact that animal rights and vegan activist and former HSUS Vice President Miyun Park is on the panel should give every producer heart palpitations.